VINTAGE Quilt Panels Aubrey Beardsley & Alfred Shaheen
Alfred Shaheen & Aubrey Beardsley Fabric Panels
Quilting - Alfred Shaheen Christian Lane Quilters Shaheen MQX 2016 Exhibit Machine Quilters Expo Shaheen CLQ
Alfred Shaheen 1922 - 2008
Considered the pioneer of the Hawaiin shirt, Alfreen Shaeen was a visionary who revolutioned the garment industry in Hawaii by designing and printing ready to wear aloha shirts and dresses. Shaheen was not only a fashion pioneer, but a brilliant textile designer. He was the most creative and prolific Hawaiian manufacturer in the heyday of post-WWII fashion. His unique method of silk-screening textile designs for garments that we sold world-wide. His method of producing extraordinary garments made him the largest aloha wear manufacturer in Hawaii in the 1950s and 1960s.
Stay tuned for more details. These are the rules of the exhibit:
1. Purchase one of the Alfred Shaheen vintage panels from any source.... Ebay, Etsy or Christian Lane Quilters. The size is typically 26" x 44" and may be any color as long as it is an authentic Alfred Shaheen panel.
2. Keep the panel in its original size. Border(s) may be added and the final measurement must be no larger than 200 perimeter inches.
3. The piece MUST be machine quilted. The quilting style may be traditional, modern, .... whatever you desire.
4. It must be submitted for entry to MQX no later than March 1, 2016. The piece may be judged and MQX will waive the entry fee. Shipping to/from MQX is the responsibility of the entrant.
5. Questions or concerns? Contact Janet-Lee at MQXShow@comcast.net
Thanks and have fun!
Camille Shaheen has graciously given her approval for the Shaheen Exhibit at the 2016 Machine Quilters Expo Show!
Aubrey Beardsly Fabric Panels 2015 Christian Lane Quilters Beardsley CLQ for sale
Aubrey Beardsley(1872 – 1898)
Aubrey Beardsley was an English illustrator and author. His drawings in black ink, were influenced by the style of Japanese woodcuts. Beardsley's contribution to the development of the Art Nouveau style was significant, despite the brevity of his career before his early death from turburculosis.
Bloomcraft print the Beardsley fabric in 1960. A complete set of six Beardsley panels is $200. A single panel is $35.
Please call 860/829-2821 to place an order.
Our Aubrey Beardsley wall hangings are unique. Beautiful Japanese indigo fabric was used for the borders. The quilts are made to order and have a six weeks lead time. Please contact us for more information.